Air filtering

by Schorty

Adding machines to reduce pollution

2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Filter distribution in a widely distributed railworld

4 years ago

I have a very spread out railworld and wanting to be eco-friendly I used this mod. It did a great job of controlling pollution and I had no problem with constructing the fairly large air filter production/recycling lines to keep ithe MK3 filtering machines supplied.

I was also able to setup automatic train distribution of filters and use bots from the train stops to the filter machines. But the way it fills the train network and overuse my bots has made the game unpleasant. Enough that I started looking for an alternative mod to scrub pollution and even considered clearing nests farther out and just let pollution go wild.

But before taking such drastic measures I have a couple last ditch questions:

1) Is there a better way to deliver air filters, one that does not keep my train network clogged and my bots constantly occupied?

2) Is there a setting or supplemental mod to make each air filter last longer (maybe by building and using better/more expensive air filters)? I am thinking 10 or 100 times longer, at 10-100 times the production cost.

3). Failing all of the above, is there a mod setting I can tweak to make each air filter last longer?

4 years ago

Hey there,

sorry for the late response. I wont change the balancing any further, because I think it is pretty good as is. However you can change the mod yourself. It is not that hard to do. Just open the mod, go to the recipies and change the crafting time by a factor of 10, 100, whatever you feel fit. :)

Greetings,
Schorty

New response