Companions

by ElAdamo

Sheep may safely graze.

Utilities
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g uh...

4 years ago

so do you mean that trees are consumed and made into more of these companions...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

They do right now, but I'm about to change that. Instead they'll just be lawnmowers that leave behind wood boxes full of wood. They're also probably going to interface with your beacons to add more production to labs and assembly machines -- I've implemented that feature but I haven't decided it isn't too goofy to release, yet. I also changed the recipe to be a bit nicer. The sheep also act as cameras for the Adamo Clicker.

4 years ago

I like the idea of collecting wood. And maybe add the option to mark the wood for collection by robots?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks. Re: auto collection: I tried to set it up that way but there was some difficultly. It was months ago now so I don't remember what the problem was. But yes, I would like that as well, so it'll happen if I ever get it to work right.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks.
Edit: Awhile after placing the sheep I found a box full of wood. Which was expected. How do I make more sheep? Do I need another mod to work with this? I could not find the recipe for it? Do I need to research something first?
Edit Again: I installed your clicker mod and it allowed me to see the sheep (compilatron), but there is no indication on where to find it. Now that I knew it existed I eventually found it, way out of my explored area.
1. I need a way to restrict the movements of the sheep somehow, and/or have them automatically show the area they are in as if a radar had swept the area. (Or if I searched the area.) Also would it be possible to increase the representation of the sheep in the map view so that they are easier to see?
2. I couldn't get the recall thing working for the sheep. Maybe it was too far from the 'H' pad that I placed.
3. The ingredients needed to create the 'H' pad and clicker are way too expensive. I need these to work fairly early in the game. Otherwise these mods are useless. By the time I get advanced far enough to make more sheep and the clicker, I no longer need them.
Thank you.

New response