YARM - Resource Monitor

by Narc

This mod helps you to keep track of your mining sites, with useful data such as the percent mined, and estimated time to depletion.

Utilities
7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

i [Fixed] Summary Lines & Filter: Warnings Only

11 months ago

Two new changes have been causing issues for me. I am playing Space Exploration with BZ mods, which adds a lot of different resources to track.

1. Please add an option to disable the new summary lines at the top. I tried to set the "total resource warning hours" option to 0 but it still shows black text there for several resources; for me it is showing graphite and water ice, and I have no idea why.

2. The new filter by time instead of % is not working correctly. I set "resource warning hours" to 2 but with the filter on, it is showing one iron mine at 0% (which is correct) but also three other patches that are at 6.5 hours, 35 hours, and 36 hours respectively, and I have no idea why those in particular are showing. I actually greatly preferred the filtering by % anyway and would like to request that option to return.

Thank you!

Mithaldu β˜†
11 months ago

re #1

have you tried setting total warning hours to a really big value?

re #2

can you provide the savegame please?

also, i can do some work to add that again, but due to the way it's written having multiple filters is actually a lot of work in the code.

can you please explain why you prefer %?

11 months ago

If I set the total warning hours very high, it shows all the resources, and I want to show none of them.

I didn't know different filter types would be a lot of work. If the time thing works properly, it will be fine. But in addition to the random patches showing that i mentioned, it is showing liquids, even though they never run out (natural gas is one of those showing when I turn on the filter in 0.9.2).

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GEeYtsUHQV2Jq6tI2SRBjvNQg0zZTKUq/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help!

Mithaldu β˜†
11 months ago

Sorry, tired brain. You're right it doesn't handle 0 correctly, i'll fix that. In the meantime you can set the value for total to 1 hour and that should take care of most things.

I'll have a look at the save, thanks.

Mithaldu β˜†
11 months ago

With the last release setting the warnings to 0 should work as expected.

Mithaldu β˜†
11 months ago

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you had with the other iron sites. Maybe you didn't wait long enough? Your tick settings are pretty low.
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/175467/242399052-d8ca8c8e-8db8-4c08-ab0c-7806347c113e.png

The one thing i do see is that you have resources sites over 100%. How does that happen?

Mithaldu β˜†
11 months ago

I added a setting you can enable to have sites automatically increase their maximum if the amount in them goes over the initial amount. Try it and see how you feel about that. :)

11 months ago

That setting fixes everything - I have no idea how those patches got over 100% but it was just breaking everything, apparently. Thanks!

New response