YARM - Resource Monitor

by Narc

This mod helps you to keep track of your mining sites, with useful data such as the percent mined, and estimated time to depletion.

Utilities
7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

b Corrupt save

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

New version corrupts the game save and loses previous patches data. Maybe lack of migration functions?
"Failed to load saved data for following mods:
mod-YARM

Save file is probably corrupted."

2 years ago

I wouldn't expect anything to need to be migrated, so something is definitely strange. If you could send me the "probably corrupted" save file, I would like to look into it, hopefully I'll find some solution that doesn't require clearing out YARM's data from the save.

Otherwise, as a workaround, remove YARM, load the save without YARM once, then you can re-add the mod -- but you'll have to recreate your sites.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I wouldn't expect anything to need to be migrated, so something is definitely strange. If you could send me the "probably corrupted" save file, I would like to look into it, hopefully I'll find some solution that doesn't require clearing out YARM's data from the save.

Otherwise, as a workaround, remove YARM, load the save without YARM once, then you can re-add the mod -- but you'll have to recreate your sites.

Thank you, as a test I created a new Freeplay map just now with only YARM mod enabled. Make 4 patches with mod, then save game, exit and load save - and it is already corrupted.
Here I made a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG1jD7T0EXU

2 years ago

If you need something more, I can assist.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Having the same issue. Re-adding the mod as you suggested corrupted the save again. I tried testing around a bit and usually the save file gets corrupted around when I add the third ore patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l6mJHukXoRt3gnWexCUnJCvmb-KSbsOi/view?usp=sharing My save in case you need it, though it is heavily modded and you can probably easily reproduce it on a fresh save

2 years ago

Same issue in my end, had to disable the mod to play :(

2 years ago

Ok, this doesn't seem like a one-off so I'm going to remove YARM 0.8.206 as a broken version.

2 years ago

I did figure out what the problem is -- see this comment in #131 -- and fixing it would require just making sure that at least one ore gets mined from every site before saving the game.

To diagnose, if your YARM is reporting "n/m" as an ore-per-minute on any site, then you will not be able to load the save. Go to that site and manually mine an ore and it should be fine thereafter.

My test game seems to have gotten lucky (maybe because I only have 4 sites at the moment) so I didn't run into this problem despite testing for several days before release.

2 years ago

For me it is still a problem to visit all my planets to mine an ore xD But thank you for solution

2 years ago

NB: I just released version 0.8.207, which is actually just 205 but with the version bumped so that the auto updater will bring it up. It won't fix corrupted saves, but at least more of them won't be created.

2 years ago

If your save was corrupted like mine was, here's how to fix it:
1) Disable the mod. Restart Factorio.
2) Load your "corrupt save".
3) Resave your game.
4) Reenable the mod, and restart Factorio again.
5) Done!

The only thing to keep in mind is that this resets all the saved resource sites in YARM, but it's a small price to pay.

2 years ago

Thank you all for being so understanding, and I'm very sorry for the unpleasant surprise -- I wasn't expecting it, either.

I will try to reinstate the patch later (without the bug) because it does seem to improve the ETD calculations, but since it's not really my code I have to understand it first, haha.

New response