Workbench - Crafting made easier

by akipfer

A Simple, yet handy workbench for crafting faster, mostly everything, mostly.. U may need to sit, like in a vehicle(GET IN..) Please do post bugs, or other related ideas/ways for fixing bugs if any!

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g fuel?

1 year, 2 months ago

Very interesting mod, please continue your efforts.
I noticed that if you place fuel in the workbench and then use the direction keys (wasd)... fuel is consumed. Was that intended? I can see that fuel might be required for crafting, but not for direction keys.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Thanks! i'll try enhance it even more as i can

as is, is a WIP, when i released i make it have nuclear fuel so it basically never would run out with just a few keystrokes....
but then i thought, what if wasd was a required thing to do, so u don't sit there doing anything....in a way, more immersive...when i manage to make it work i'll try to add with option to disable such thing, for those who what to relax, alt-tab or something

1 year, 2 months ago

Fuel use is fine... but I was expecting it burn an amount in proportion to the energy for the recipe or a fixed amount per craft, something to that effect. I was not expecting the movement keys and just figured it was an artifact of being a vehicle.

I wonder if using a surface... like a mini version of Factorissimo, with a workbench inside, would be helpful toward your goals? I have not worked with them myself, but seems like a reasonable option.

1 year, 2 months ago

Have you seen the new mod called Crash Site Spaceship Surface? Pretty much exactly what I was thinking in my post above.

Edit: I see now another thread is discussing this same topic.

New response