Wonders

Adds new buildings with Old Earth architecture into the game! Do you miss the Eiffel Tower? The Big Ben? You got em here. Govern over your early colony by enlisting the help of Laborers to haul goods, and Architects to build structures. Vanquish your enemies as you train field armies that progresses with your technology: All the way from Medieval Era Men-at-Arms, to the futuristic Strosstruppen Air Assault Infantry! Stay tuned for more updates in the future.

1 year, 11 months ago

g Ideas/suggestions from exfret

1 year, 11 months ago

First of all, great job with this mod! It's a very creative idea and I look forward to seeing where it goes :)

1. I noticed the mining time of the buildings is really fast, which doesn't feel right for them being a huge, magnificent wonder. Maybe make them slower?

2. The collision boxes are hard to tell. If there were some outline or other such thing when placing, that'd be great!

3. Constructing multiple copies of the wonder doesn't feel right, I wonder if there's a way to make it so you can only get one or at least make successive ones more expensive? Now that would be really cool and creative because then you'd have to find the best place in your factory for this unique building rather than having just another thing to mass produce!

4. You forgot to disable productivity modules in the eiffel tower! Even without this oversight, I did some calculations and it has something like over 200x more machines it can supply, a 10x higher effect efficiency, and 5x more modules (that's "10,000 times better" in a sense). Yet, it's only 100 times more expensive. That's right, it's too cheap (or, more likely, too powerful).

5. I LOVE that the tree of life requires wood. Finally something to do with it! (Although, again it might be best to implement the "only one wonder per world" idea since otherwise you might be forcing people to mass mine wood, which isn't great).

6. I notice all the wonders have 1000 health. Some variance here would make the mod feel more polished.

7. In general, the wonders seem like they could use some playing around with and really customizing all the numbers. How far have you gotten in a world with this mod installed?

8. The air assault headquarters is BADASS.

Haven't gotten the chance to look at the rest of the wonders yet, but they all look super creative and cool. Also, I love the art! I might post another thread with my own ideas soon. This mod looks so cool!

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

First of all, great job with this mod! It's a very creative idea and I look forward to seeing where it goes :)

Thank you for your kind words and your extremely constructive inputs! I, too, look forward to see how this mod unfolds.

1 - I noticed the mining time of the buildings is really fast, which doesn't feel right for them being a huge, magnificent wonder. Maybe make them slower?

Should be easy. Also to prevent players from cheesing the enemy by placing Borderposts and Castles near enemy nests and then moving them at will when things go south. Increasing mining time should increase that risk significantly.

2 - The collision boxes are hard to tell. If there were some outline or other such thing when placing, that'd be great!

I recognize it as a problem. It would be a very helpful improvement. I'll try to find out how it can be done but i give no guarantees tho!

3 - Constructing multiple copies of the wonder doesn't feel right, I wonder if there's a way to make it so you can only get one or at least make successive ones more expensive? Now that would be really cool and creative because then you'd have to find the best place in your factory for this unique building rather than having just another thing to mass produce!

I might make it an option to disable multiple wonders. It's a priority.

4 - You forgot to disable productivity modules in the eiffel tower! Even without this oversight, I did some calculations and it has something like over 200x more machines it can supply, a 10x higher effect efficiency, and 5x more modules (that's "10,000 times better" in a sense). Yet, it's only 100 times more expensive. That's right, it's too cheap (or, more likely, too powerful).

I didn't forget to disable it :) . It was intentionally OP, but apparently the price tag isnt hefty enough, huh. I must concede that, what wasn't intentional would be players just spamming Eiffels everywhere and building their bases around them.

5 - I LOVE that the tree of life requires wood. Finally something to do with it! (Although, again it might be best to implement the "only one wonder per world" idea since otherwise you might be forcing people to mass mine wood, which isn't great).

I wish to give the Tree of Life a bit more relevance. In the later stages of game, a single tree absorbing 1000 pollution just doesnt worth much, pollution usually just go around it. :( However, I'm not sure how to do that. In earlier patches, it was just a big beacon like the Eiffel, but with slots only limited to efficiency module, but that was equally pointless imo. Ideally, I want the TOL to not just be a token building, but rather a centerpiece that could drive, assist players who wished to play "green" (low pollution to lower evolution factor and prevent biter attacks). However, as of this moment, I still have no idea how to do that. It is possible that I might add more auxiliary buildings that are not wonders to flesh out the role of ToL and incentivize the "green" playstyle as a whole.

6 - I notice all the wonders have 1000 health. Some variance here would make the mod feel more polished.

That's a good point. I do not have any idea how much health to assign them however, hahahaha. Being that they are mostly non-frontline buildings and their health usually wouldn't be a matter of concern.

7 - In general, the wonders seem like they could use some playing around with and really customizing all the numbers. How far have you gotten in a world >with this mod installed?

I couldn't really judge properly, tbh, being that I spent most time making them (I do have a day job, and have other obligations to attend to, so my time is limited). Testings were done with a mixture of guestimates or trial-and-error, though I have a friend or two who play tests them for me when I need a second opinion on balancing issues, etc.

8 - The air assault headquarters is BADASS.

Thanks! It's my personal favorite. I did publish several patches just to balance them! They are pretty hard to balance - they absolutely shredded Big Biters, but would get swamped by Behemoths, even at some points now I can't tell whether they're too weak or too OP :P . They are now mostly relevant in the mid-late game, though in late game, they would struggle fighting a large nest, especially when Behemoth biters come around.

Haven't gotten the chance to look at the rest of the wonders yet, but they all look super creative and cool. Also, I love the art! I might post another thread with my own ideas soon. This mod looks so cool!

Thank you again for your kind words! Looking forward to your input in the future~ ;)

New response