Merging Chests VerySmallChests

by Atria

Mod adding VerySmallChests variants of merged chests.

Content
8 months ago

b LTN Manager doesn't work for some reason

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

This is weird. When I activate this specific mod, LTN Manager simply doesn't work: the button on the hotkey is grayed out and neither it or the shorcut can open it. Only thing that seems to work is the dictionary translation to english that always happens when loading a save file. Deactivating this mod makes LTN Manager work again like normal. Also, when I load my most recent save file, LTN says one delivery failed in a weird way, but when I load the same save file without this mod, that failed delivery doesn't show up.

The only other Merging Chest mod I have is the original one. I did the migration from 4.2 to 5.0 (only changing the new default of 10x10 back to the old 42x42, rest is default) and I had no problems, but now I just added this mod and nothing else and I have this problem. For this mod, I tried default settings and "steel chest: only chest" settings, both did the same.

Sorry I can't give you more details, it's not like I got an error log pop up or anything, it's just grayed out and unusable. I'll try to play a bit with the mod enabled, I think it messed up LTN more than it looks, so if I let it run for a bit, maybe I see more bugs.

After testing for some time: wtf, LTN Manager started working back after a bit. It also seems that the whole LTN stopped all deliveries and only restarted after LTN got back (probably it was LTN not working yet that made LTN Manager unusable).

I have the theory that when creating the new type of merged chests of this mod, LTN and maybe other mods had to stop doing things until this mod was done.

8 months ago

I think I encountered this as well, but I think it is unrelated to any specific mod. It just takes some time before LTN scans everything. Give it couple of minutes and it should enable again.

I don't have any ideas if this doesn't work, because this specific mod doesn't have aaaaanything to do with how LTN works (or even the LTN manager)

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Well, technically, LTN needs to read from chests, and it's normal to have those chests merged.

I can't continue testing right now, but hopefully it only does this once, and if I make another save, it works normally again. If it keeps interrupting LTN with every load, I'll have to drop this mod then, not like I would lose anything that important anyways compared to disrupting LTN everytime.

EDIT: I tested it again, works perfectly with a new save after doing it once, so everything is great.

Since I'm here, let me thank you for the Merging Chests mod, it's great, I love it!

New response