Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

g Thank you so much Atria.

6 years ago

Brought crazy new designs to my factory, love the chests. take a look

https://ibb.co/kMSCiR

6 years ago

oh console command that goes amazing with the mod.
/c game.player.force.stack_inserter_capacity_bonus = 199

6 years ago

Wow, it hit me that I could use these chests to replace bus but I always thought it would be just stupid so I never did it. Good job for actualy doing it! Would you mind uploading the save somewhere? I would love to go through it and see how you did it.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Sure, the epicness might hurt a little. As everything, it is a work in progress.

6 years ago

First of all...WOW! What a massive base. I thought that 200 stack size bonus was overkill, but when you overclocked your factory this much then it IS necessary :D Sure, it's a bit cheaty when you set beacon effectiveness to 400% among other things but it suppose to be fun. And this definetly looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

Next playthrough i will do I'm definetly going to do similar thing.

6 years ago

And with no bots or belts the fps and ups on my map is maxed at 60. The long chests and trains are the only way of doing this. The bottleneck is the red chip production so i just need to redesign the plastic production chain. The other fairly cheaty thing is electric-mining-drill"].resource_searching_radius = 20. Definitely a convenience mod.

6 years ago

Can i get a .16 update

6 years ago

There is a problem with missing get_circuit_connector_sprites function. Working of it.

6 years ago

And hopefuly done.

6 years ago

Well done Atria.

6 years ago

there is a critical error that shuts the game down if i merge more than 42 chests, I am so use to the 42 chest limit that it took me a while to find this.

6 years ago

Happens if you try merge already merged chests with another chests that would go over the limit. Works if you merge only not merged steel chests.

I have a solution that will remove chest length limit but I have problme with circuit connection. For now merge just singular chests if you are worried you might go over the limit.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Its not a problem for me i just have to be aware, but getting rid of the limit sounds amazing. It would be fine to not have a circuit connection if a limit of 1000 of any item could be set for the chest. So i could have 1k green and 1k Iron in the same chest.

6 years ago

Circuit connection problem resolved in 0.16.5. After some testing I will release new mod version.

6 years ago

There you go. You probably should use Limit inventory size setting, since I heard that picking up from massive inventory negatively affect game performance.

Let me know how the game handles large chests (UPS - interacting with massive inventory, FPS - rendering of massive entity).

6 years ago

I love limiting inventory size to 220 because all the slots and the limiter button are able to be seen in 1080p. I will tell you about it all. Thanks so much

6 years ago

You know where you set filters on blueprints, any way to get rid of the wide Chests as an option. I set my max to 1000 so i have 999 different chests in that list.

6 years ago

When blueprinting a wide chest 51 plus it doesnt get made by robots.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

That is wierd. When i open settings of filter inseeter or set filter on blueprint no merged chests are visible. Can you post picture where do you see them?

And contruction robot is able to pick up only one stack. So either increase stack size or just avoid doing it. I don't think so this can be considered as bug for developers to fix.

6 years ago

I will change chest stack size and see if that works.

https://ibb.co/bsPaH6

6 years ago

it works

data.raw.item["steel-chest"].stack_size = 1000

just have to have the chest size value as high as the max wide chest limit

6 years ago

Oh a deconstruction planner filter...there is probably nothing I can do to hide it since you need to have a way to filter it. I may just move them to bottom or make new group (that hopefuly won't be visible in normal invertory since it won't have any recipes in it. But I probably won't make new release just for that.

And I probably won't change max stack size of chests in my mod, so just leave it in your mod.

6 years ago

Take a look at my latest map
i use alien biomes that can be downloaded here
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/alien-biomes

the map and mods are
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/728801/Saves.zip

i was wondering if you still have my train map that i send you?

most epic one chest for everything.

6 years ago

Thanks for the save, I will look at it when I get back from work.

6 years ago

Just got that save to 5rpm, crazy fast.

New response