Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Large Game slow/freeze

7 months ago

Hiya me again ^_^

I am having problems with this mod locking up the game myself and my friend are player, this game has a lot less mods and no over-hall mods and i was hoping that would lessen the problems with WaaR

However ... I am SURE the problems i am having are because we scan more then one patch of water at a time
I have a save you can try out, Feel free to ask any questions as i Love this mod and would do almost anything to keep it in my game ^_^

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NdsrlxqSjbu4sFZj6DijomVr2N5ZwRoq/view?usp=sharing

7 months ago

other things of note, we (myself + 1 friend) are not on the same force.

also i can't see map icons for his water patch either (bit strange)

6 months ago

In the "Settings.lua" file, at the very end there is an item
"FluidArea-MaxFluidAreaSize". I changed the value of 600,000 to 60,000 and set 60,000 in the mod settings in the item ""FluidArea-Maximum Fluid Area Size (Tiles)", I managed to solve this problem on my computer. A larger value takes up a significant amount of RAM resources. Try setting even less.

6 months ago

What would you recommend for 32 gb's of ram :p

6 months ago

Can't change Max Area to 60000 : Reason = min value = 600000

6 months ago

The mod archive contains the file "Settings.lua". Open it in Notepad. Go down to the very bottom. Replace the value of 60000 with 6000. After that, in the mod settings you can set the value to 6000. You can set it to 50000 both ways

6 months ago

I set it to 9000 in the config and in the mod settings, and the computer hardly slowed down.

New response