Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Bugs, Features?

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

so. I'm playing on a map with a ton of medium to tiny water bodies. seriously the place is a freaking marsh! from the lakes I've scanned the largest ive found is ~1.2M units of water, and smallest is like a couple hundred. not sure if that relevant

I didn't test this one myself, this is second hand information.

so first thing I have found, if you remove a pump while it is scanning a body of water it designates the water as pond 1 when the body is finished scanning, regardless of whether pond 1 already exists.

upon placing a new pump, the water will deplete past 100% and the computer will sometimes freeze(not sure if freeze is client side or server side as not tested in multiplayer)

in the case the game does not freeze, upon placing another pump on any body of water, it designates a new body of water regardless of whether the body of water has already been scanned, with a chance to name it pond 1. in the case of this, the previous pond 1 will be renamed to pond 2

next we have the offshore drain.
placing this crashes the game and throws this error

The mod Water As A Resource (0.8.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::on_built_entity (ID 6)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1933: in function <WaterAsAResource__/control.lua:1911>

I already saw this one in the discussion, but ill put it here for the sake if it anyways, knowing there isn't a fix
placing an oil rig crashes the world and throws this error

The mod Water As A Resource (0.8.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::on_built_entity (ID 6)
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1933: attempt to index global 'OPentity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1933: in function <WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1911>

last but not least, my steam power setup sits on an ~400k lake with 4 boilers and 8 steam engines, and had recently gone below 50% remaining when I noticed that the lake was at ~45% and was slowly regaining water. at the time of writing this it has reached 60% and is still increasing even as i draw water from the lake

also most of the lake was "dried up" apon placing a pump for some reason, though the water quantity did not change

I am playing with AIO - space exploration + krastorio2 + bobs logistics, and a few other choice mods

space exploration(judging by other reports this is likely the cause of most of the errors)

1 year, 7 months ago

ngl that's some odd formatting. not sure why it did that

1 year, 7 months ago

ngl that's some odd formatting. not sure why it did that

edit: oh it was incorrect placement of the separators

New response