Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Error on adding to map

1 year, 8 months ago

Hey Treefrog,

I get the same/similar error as in the thread for https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WaterAsAResource/discussion/6221b678bc79d75f27bc9593. I'll paste it at the bottom.
However, I think I have a different issue, because in creating the hellscape that is my current map, I made a mistake.
I didn't add any oil deposits to the game. At all.
And, I'm adding this mod in partway through the play. It doesn't seem to mind if it's included upon creation of a map with no oil, which I tested out, but doesn't like not being included at startup.

I'm hoping (in complete and total ignorance) that it's as simple as having the mod check for oil, realize there's none, shake it's head, and moving on.
Let me know if you want to look into this at all, I get that it's totally a me problem, and overall not a huge issue.

Thanks!

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::on_nth_tick(6)
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1912: attempt to index field 'created_entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1912: in function 'BuiltOffShore'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1731: in function 'ScanOffshores'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1829: in function <WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1825>

New response