Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Incompatibility with Space Exploration + Krastorio 2

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

When running Space Exploration with all its dependencies plus Krastorio 2, water areas don't generate. If you place an offshore pump it behaves like vanilla and the water area generating script doesn't run, no crashes though. It is essentially like WAAR isn't enabled.

But WAAR works with either mod individually.

2 years ago

Hello,

I tried this tonight and on a new game runs perfectly fine for me with just SE + Dependencies with Krastorio 2, and WaaR as the only mods running.

Is this an existing save file? Are you doing anything weird? Is it using standard offshore pumps?

You may need to provide the save file on this one, as currently I wont be able to recreate it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Here are two saves with the issue. I hope its not just me, I'll try redownloading everything just to be sure. https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1bnisox1p1dpav/saves.zip?dl=0

edit: Ok tried deleting everything and redownloading and unfortunately still no dice.

2 years ago

Got the saves, i'll have a gander and see whats up.

2 years ago

Ok, so i did a bit of testing whilst a had a few moments spare at work!

Looks like its someting to do with AAI and K2 not playing nicely together. K2 is fine on its own, as soon as i added in AAI, it didnt trigger. So it's likely to do with how i detect offshore pumps being built.

I'll take a look into that when I can.

Thanks, I appreciate you continuing to support the mod!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Do you think this bug is because of the other incompatibility I reported earlier with the ruins mod? Since that issue was tangentially related? Just a thought, but I don't have any experience with LUA coding. In case that wasn't obvious enough lol.

Hey, we have the same issue with AAI, K2 and SE. We were able to fix it locally through removing a "not K2 enabled"-if statement in control.lua. It seems that it tries to listen for the k2-version of offshorepumps while AAI makes them regular offshorepumps. If wanted I can provide save game :)

Omg thank you so much! I think the advice provided will be enough, but still thank you!

You're welcome! Thank you for supporting the mod, we're really looking forward to see our lakes drained :D

2 years ago

Not working with last kras2+SE version :(

@Nekogui - Are kras2+SE the only mods you are using? In case AAI is in as well, I have the same issue, and hoping for it to be resolved eventually. If you're not using AAI as well, this might be another issue.

2 years ago

Yes...i'm using AAI, but haven't found how to edit the files, sry btw

@dankirpan I haven't had any luck so far editing if statements in control.lua. Which line # in the code did you edit? And TreefrogGreaken is right, the real incompatibility is when AAI Industry, KS2, and WAAR are active at the same time.

2 years ago

Hey,

I'm back after 9 months off look after my new baby son!

After some testing, turns out, that the compatibility fixes I put in to make K2 work alongside the other mods, is what broke it. Think I was barking up completely the wrong tree when trying to fix another issue with standalone K2.

So I removed pretty much all the offshore detection to back as it was, and it now works with AAI, Space Exploration etc. I just need to fix the activation logic when only K2 is installed and it'll be good to go.

Sorry you've had to wait this long!

2 years ago

Ok, so I know why K2 standalone doesn't work. The created entity is invalid, so when my code checks for neighbours, it crashes. If I leave in my valid check, nothing happens (as expected)

Sooooooo as of this exact second, not sure what to do, I'll have to see if I can see any reason that this is failing, though It may have to do with K2's Offshore pump, actually being an assembly machine in the code.

2 years ago

All sorted now, so it picks up K2's KR Offshore Pump which is valid, and works. So as of right now, I believe this is all fixed.

I'll test again before release, but its looking good i think.

2 years ago

@dankirpan can you please share your changes to control.lua? what line it was, or function?
Trying to make the mod working despite AAI, and to impatient to wait for new release.

New response