Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed 0.8.5] - Crash in 0.8.4

3 years ago

Hi Treefrog,

just wanted you to know that another crash occured while playing, exactly when a message appears that a lake has used 50 % of available water.

The mod Water As A Resource (0.8.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::on_nth_tick(6)
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1249: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1249: in function 'DepleatedWaterArea'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1869: in function <WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1834>

3 years ago

Hey,

So unsure with the crash on this one.

I can replicate it with another save I have here, but im unsure currently why its crashes, all the data it needs in my save is available for it to use.

Would you be able to do a /PlayerForces, /WaterAreas, /Offshores and post the results.

Will have to see what I can work out from my save here to why it crashes.

3 years ago

Hello,

So after a bit of testing with my bad save, found the issue.

I forgot to iterate through the active pumps per force for showing the messages, so corrected that, as well as ensuring its looking for the name.

So fingers crossed, this is fixed. 0.8.5 released just now for this.

3 years ago

Works like magic!

Sorry for not providing the additional information you requested before you debugged it yourself. Notifications are odd in these forums, didn't see your reply.

New response