Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed 0.8.4] - Crash with noxys waterfill

3 years ago
Error while running event WaterAsAResource::on_nth_tick(60)
Invalid signal (can't be empty).
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__newindex'
    __WaterAsAResource__/control.lua:692: in function 'MapMarker'
    __WaterAsAResource__/control.lua:843: in function <__WaterAsAResource__/control.lua:834>

Thank you for your work on the mod!
Details: Remove Area From WaaR is enabled, I thought this would help with compatibility

3 years ago

It also said that the pool contained n amount of nil

3 years ago

This is after completely draining the pool of water and replacing it with the water placing mod

3 years ago

Hello HopefulFire,

Thanks for the report.

So just for my understanding, you emptied a waterarea, and then put water back in via using this mod? Well emptied, mod delted the zone, then you replaced the water with the water from the mod.

I'll have to have a play around and see If i can get the same crash!

3 years ago

Yeah, I created a 2x2 water source, emptied it, then recreated it, then tried to take water from it

3 years ago

Alrighty, when I get chance i'll have a play around with it.

3 years ago

Right had a chance in my lunch break to have a look.

Unrealted to the other mod, its a race condition that sometimes occurs. The waterarea is created and destroyed so fast, that if it occurs as a mapmarker update is occuring, the data can vanish as its being accessed by the MapMarker function.

Might just need to add in some deletion safety logic. Which ill do when I can.

3 years ago

Ok thanks for the update and explanation

3 years ago

Have a simple idea to fix this, so should be solved soon after another bug id dealt with first.

New response