Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g [Fixed - 0.8.1] Incompatibility with The Blueprint Designer Lab

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi there,

I just wanted to report an incompatibility with another mod, The Blueprint Designer Lab. Plotting any blueprint in the designer lab, regardless of the contents, causes a crash with the following message:

The mod Water As A Resource (0.8.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::script_raised_built (ID 78)
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1846: attempt to index field 'created_entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1846: in function <WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1836>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/common.lua:77: in function 'ReviveEntity'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:87: in function <BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:79>

3 years ago

Thanks for the report,

Looks like the script raise its the issue here, as that mod raises an entity which from the looks of it doesnt really exist.

I should be able to put a script filter in place to weed this one out.

3 years ago

Hey back_null,

So got this fixed in the next version.

Was actually a lot more involved then I thought, had to rip apart and redesign my entity creation detection logic to sort this out, but its now much better.

Just need to fix a bug when Krastorio 2 is also installed but it should then be ready for release!

3 years ago

Oh wow, thanks for the fast reply. I am happy to help!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi again,

I'm guessing that the following might also have something to do with the issue you explained because the error is similar:

With the mod Power Overload, when placing the mod custom item "Transformer", the game crashes with this error message:

The mod Power Overload (1.1.4) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event PowerOverload::on_built_entity (ID 6)
The mod Water As A Resource (0.8.0) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::script_raised_built (ID 78)
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1846: attempt to index field 'created_entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1846: in function <WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1836>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
PowerOverload/control.lua:36: in function 'create_update_transformer'
PowerOverload/control.lua:92: in function <PowerOverload/control.lua:86>

3 years ago

Hey back_null,

Yeah looks exactly the same, script_raised issue, so again the issue should be sorted in the next version.

New response