Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Information / stats of the lake

4 years ago

Hi.
Cool mod! Just started playing with it, and seems like a fun addition so far.

Is it possible to get the stats of the lake to show on connecting offshore pumps?
Something like:
- Name of the lake
- Scanning progress of lake (%)
- Remaining water (liter)
- Remaining water (% left)
- Regen factor / amount (l/s)

4 years ago

Hello arZic,

Already implemented in the mod, if you run the command /WaterAreas, you'll get all this information and more. Scanning % isn't available, not possible to implement without getting through all the tiles first to know how many there are. The mod does pop open a message saying its continuing the scan, and there is a debug setting so you can see how many tiles its yet to scan through.

Hope that helps.

4 years ago

Yes I know. :)

Just wanted to have it more dynamicaly integrated in the game, instead of using the console.

4 years ago

Suggestion: Mouse over the pump could show a hint (like any other entities under the minimap) with all that info...

4 years ago

I don't believe that GUI is mod-able, from looking about that is a read only from the entity prototype, so I can't do anything there.

I was going to look into map markers, with the Name, Amount and % Remaining, that updates once a second or so, see how that goes?

4 years ago

Yeah I understand there might be some limitations for modding.
But if the GUI isn't mod-able, is it possible to make is a circuit signal?

Like make it possible to connect a circuit wire between a water pump and an electric pole to read out those values?
Or maybe use something like the "Inventory Sensor" mod to read circuit signals from the lake?

I'm guessing these things probably isn't possible, I have zero experience with modding, but I'm just shooting out some ideas on the top of my head.

4 years ago

Or create a map mark?

4 years ago

Yes a optional map marker that updates would be nice if nothing else cant be implemented, or even as a compliment to other options if feasible.
I'm wishing for a readable signal because then it could be automated. Like instead of the console/chat alarm when nearing empty and such, we could use speakers and set up custom alarms and sounds.

Also could make a reservoir with oil, water or other fluids that request more if volume decrease below a set value. I know that's what storage tanks are for, but would be cool visually to create my own reservoirs.

Regardless it's an awesome mod! :)

4 years ago

Hello arZic,

So after having a dive into how circuit signal are created, I understand the principle, but the implementation would be complicated. Offshore pumps are already assigned a CircuitBehaviour, not one that can output signals, for that I'd need to create a dummy, invisible entity on top to provide an output. We'll see on this.

As for Map Markers, its something I've been intending on doing for a while, and in my next version (0.7.6) I've got a simple implementation of it already, needs a bit more work on it.

New response