Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i What happens if I stand on the dry?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

What happens when I have used up all the water in the map and I'm standing on the dry land? There should be an alternative, a cycle, where I have to be economical.

Simple possibility for it, rain. Animation does not have to be. Just fade in a message, it has rained somewhere and the water reserves have been a bit blown up. At first I thought about at night because of the missing animation, because most players there are blind anyway, but actually it doesn't matter.

Depth pump would also be helpful. So that there are water reserves under the ground, you can see them when you want to set a depth pump. They are shown as a green highlight as an example. Could give small, large, medium, gigantic groundwater reservoirs and you can also drain them completely, so you have to look for new ones. They should also be recharged, like by the rain, by neighbouring groundwater reservoirs. (but as a result they also lose some of the fluid they give). But very slowly that you are forced to tap others. Deep pump should be an end-research.

As an addition, an idea, if you take too much water, you can tie in the fact that this makes the locals just as aggressive, thereby attacking them more often? Also only as an optional attitude.

Edit: I'm getting rid of it right here in a wash, how about the possibility that water generally needs to be cleaned before it's used. The dirtier this, the longer it takes, or so slower it flows. So natural ground pollution and environmental pollution. - Possible ways of doing this would be to use pipes with built-in charcoal filters, which would slow down the flow of water. If this can be done. (Gives a mod that uses charcoal filters, so you would already have an icon for it if you ask him and he allows it. I just have to remember what it was called.)

I know this all takes time, don't feel rushed. If there is such a thing at the end, it would be great. :-)

New response