WaiTex deprecated

HD textures for the remaining vanilla items

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.13 - 0.18

g Is it of any use now that 0.17 is out?

4 years ago

Pretty much the title. Is there any item that this mod covered that isn't already HD-fied in the latest version?

4 years ago

Other than the beacon i don't think so. I intend to deprecate the mod when the beacon is in HD or when 0.17 is out of experimental.

4 years ago

Thanks for the info. Now, i guess you could do it one over and double (again) the current hd textures ;)

4 years ago

I actually really want to do that but i don't have the hardware to try it out :) I may do it sometime in the future.

4 years ago

What do you mean you don't have the hardware? What does it require?

4 years ago

In 0.16 WaiTex used ~2GB of vram. Making the textures any larger would require ~8GB of vram. I don't have a graphics card with 8GB of vram. I know 0.17 did some vram savings so i will have to look into the usage again. I have other reasons for upgrading besides this so i may do this soon.

4 years ago

Fair enough, i see your point. If i may ask, what other reasons do you have for upgrading if not that?

4 years ago

Mainly allowing me to game at higher settings but some programs i want to use simply doesn't support my graphics card. Need to upgrade to use them. It's not much of a problem as there is alternatives but it's a nice to have. Having a gpu that doesn't sound like a jet engine would also be nice :)

4 years ago

Ah, actually that was my bad, i misread what you said, i thought you were still talking about game textures hence why i was wondering what else would there be to upgrade if not the raw resolution :) Good luck in getting that new gpu though!

New response