by Optera

Volume control for every sound file.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Volume X > 100% possible?

4 years ago

Hello Optera,

we have been discussing this idea here ( https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=477446#p477446 ) and today I discover, that you already implemented it as a mod. Great!

Say, is it possible with this mod to also increase the volume for sounds above 100%? Or yould you make it possible?

The sounds that are so annoyingly faint for my taste are the battle sounds. Gun shots and explosion usually are very loud and I miss this type of "immersion".

If that is possible, then my answer to your question which sounds I would like to see volume-controllable is: All gun shot and impact/explosion sounds. From pistol to artillery. Also the train engine as of 18.5 is too quiet imo. Having louder electric miners - closer to the loudness in an industrial strip mining setup - would also raise the immersion a bit for me personally.

As of being able to turn down the volume, you already covered the offshore pump and the accu, which are th only ones I could not hear at all.

Thanks!

4 years ago

Above 100% is possible.

Adding all combat sounds is impossible. Excluding files in /old Base contains 28 sound files named shot or explosion.

Adding volume control to trains feels redundant to me, the new sound just sounds worse than the old one no matter the volume.
"Restore train sounds from 0.17" and "Train Overhaul" can revert train sounds back to 0.17. Artillery sound mods are plentiful too.

I'll add electric miners for the next release and increase max values to 10 aka 1000%.

4 years ago

Adding all combat sounds is impossible. Excluding files in /old Base contains 28 sound files named shot or explosion.

Is it technically impossible or do you deem it too costly to add volume controls for all those sounds?

I'll add electric miners for the next release and increase max values to 10 aka 1000%.

Great. Thanks a lot!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It would result in too many settings to be practical. Also I don't want to check if default levels are still fine for that many settings each time a new version comes out.

New response