Versepelles Aquafarm

by Sacredd

Adds an aquafarm, which produces fish.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b [Factorio 0.17.31] Crash when selecting mod in mod manager

4 years ago

I've a number of mods installed, but deactivated them for the moment. As soon as I select your mod in the game's mods manager, the game crashes back to the desktop. So far, I've only seen this behavior with this mod (version 2.0.3). I'll send you the log on the forum.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have tried the mod version 2.0.3 alone with game version 0.17.31. Starting game works fine. Added Creative Mode and tested placing aquafarm. Works without problems, fish is being produced.

Can you try to clean your mod folder and install Aquafarm alone and try if it works?

4 years ago

Strange … I moved everything (including mod-list.json and mod-settings.dat) out of the way, then restarted the game. In the mods manager, I installed this mod again, confirmed and restarted. mod-list.json now contains only base and VersepellesAquaFarm015, both are enabled. I go back to the mods manager, select this mod -- and get a crash again.

Now, the logfile contains references to files below /tmp/factorio-build-u8lWyt/ for the stacktrace. I listed the contents of /tmp before starting the game, while it was running, and after it crashed. However, I can't see such a folder. Perhaps it's just bad timing and I just didn't catch it while it was there -- or could that be related? I'll send you the latest logfile again on the forum…

4 years ago

I did some investigation and found that I have messed up the format of thumbnails.png, it was webp. I have converted it to png and replaced the uploaded file version 2.0.3. Can you please redownload the mod and check if it works now?

4 years ago

Great, I re-added all mods and the game works now without crashing! Thanks a lot!

However, shouldn't you have bumped the version number? Otherwise people won't notice that you re-uploaded the mod and might run into the same problem I had. Also, it would be nice if you could a changelog. :-)

4 years ago

You are right, its done. Didn't check 2.0.4, but it should be fine, only version changed and added changelog.txt.

New response