Tmod

by Taehl

Transforms many overlooked details. You can enable or disable the following options in config.lua: Modular Armor doesn't need Processing Units; Plastic is made from Light Oil; energy from all fuel is lowered; alien evolution over time is 10x slower, but pollution is increased 5x; biters won't eat your railroads and train stops; all floors can be placed up to water's edge; ammo recipes need coal as accelerant; make Roboport doors quieter; disable picking up Robots while they're flying.

Tweaks
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14

i Separating

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

This mod have some features I'd like to have, and some I don't, all fused into one package for no real reason. It would be better to split it into recipe-changing mod, evolution-pollution changing mod, and concrete-close-to-water mod.

7 years ago

I understand where you're coming from. I would like to make it so each feature could be independently enabled or disabled. But the only way (I know of) to do so would be to release every single tweak as its own mod and maintain 20 more mods instead of just 1. This would mean 20 times as much work for me for tweaks that are smaller than five lines of code each.

I considered adding a configuration script, however that would mean forcing users to unzip the mod and edit a file with a text editor, which would be terrible.

I'm hoping that a near-future version of Factorio will let mods add their own pages into the options menu or something. I don't know what else can be done about it.

7 years ago

Thanks for making a config file after all. Just takes a couple of minutes. No problem for me.

New response