Tmod

by Taehl

Transforms many overlooked details. You can enable or disable the following options in config.lua: Modular Armor doesn't need Processing Units; Plastic is made from Light Oil; energy from all fuel is lowered; alien evolution over time is 10x slower, but pollution is increased 5x; biters won't eat your railroads and train stops; all floors can be placed up to water's edge; ammo recipes need coal as accelerant; make Roboport doors quieter; disable picking up Robots while they're flying.

Tweaks
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14

g 0.14 though...

7 years ago

Quite odd to release a mod for 0.13 when 0.14 has been out for a while already...

7 years ago

AFAIK, the most recent STABLE version is 0.13 and not 0.14

nonetheless, it would be nice to be able playing both versions (latest stable as well as the latest which seems to be used by most people now) with as many mods as possible, even if that means that mod authors need to release and update two versions ...

7 years ago

Hi guys, thanks for trying out my mod! I'm always open to suggestions, as long as they're small changes (I figure Tmod will contain all those one-line tweaks which are too small to turn into their own mods. Anything that adds new items, for example, is more appropriate as a stand-alone mod IMHO).

Factorio 0.14 is "out" but it's not stable, and it's not the default version Steam will give you unless you explicitly opt-in to betas. More importantly, most mods are still "for" 0.13, meaning the game won't load them if you update to 0.14. Personally, I didn't want to disable all of my other mods just so I could release a single mod for a game version that most people don't have yet.

What would be much better is if I could tell Factorio to let a mod work on both versions. The only other alternative I can think of is releasing two separate branches of the same mod, and that's just asking for trouble.

New response