Text To Speech

by minimal

In-game text to speech; preview, global chat and speaker blueprint generation modes.

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17

b Obscure crash

4 years ago

So i was messing with a save file and i got it to crash when loading while using your mod. https://imgur.com/a/lkKtAGZ Other mods that also add UI elements of thier own seem unaffected, so im guessing it's due to how the whole TTS ui is implemented into the game, it doesn't seem to follow the new UI redesign that took place in 0.17 like the others.

4 years ago

I've been working on a ui refresh a little since last week so it should take better advantage of the new gui styles and scrollbars and such, I'll reference other mods to standardise things. The crash I'm not sure about, though you're correct it's to do with the UI elements, was it an old save <=0.16 upgraded to 0.17? Btw thanks for the feedback!

4 years ago

Well, i didn't point out it was obscure for nothing :) i don't think anyone would have encountered that bug in any kind of normal play.

I was actually trying to change a map from being seen as a pvp scenario to being a normal "freeplay" by deleting the lua files related to the pvp gamemode from the save and replacing them with the one lua file that is present in other freeplay maps i had... I hoped it wouldn't mes up the save TOO much, and to my surprise it didn't but also didn't help me achieve what i wanted.

Long story short when i tried to load this franken-map for the first time (with your mod enabled) i got that error. Then i removed TTS from my modlist, loaded the map again, this time it worked, saved the map, then finally enabled TTS again and now it doesn't crash anymore. I'm guessing me resaving the map helped the game generate whatever files he was missing for the map. But i found it curious that only your mod was affected by this broken map, so i figured i'd forward my findings to you. My guess is that this is related to my previous post about your mod not using the new UI style and maybe relying on something from the map itself (which was now missing) during loading.

4 years ago

Oh I see what you mean, haha. I don't have the opportunity to look too deeply this afternoon, but I suspect that the mod code that's supposed to update the mod, isn't deleting the old GUI in this case for some reason, so it freaks out when it tries to build the new GUI. That's a good catch!

4 years ago

Huh, makes sense, i'm glad if it was of any use to you!

New response