Text To Speech

by minimal

In-game text to speech; preview, global chat and speaker blueprint generation modes.

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17

g How to create blueprint

6 years ago

I've tried and failed to create the special blueprint. The one that is showed on the second image. I can't find it anywhere.
Little help?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hi there,
Could you describe the actions you took that resulted in failure, did you follow the instructions on the tool-tip (or the section on the mod info tab)? Did the gui display any error messages?

A common error is not having a blueprint selected on your cursor (you can get blueprints free from the in-game blueprint menu in the top right or press b for the shortcut) when pressing the button, so I'd try that first.

I agree it's kinda awkward and not intuitive at the moment but the next update should simplify things.

6 years ago

OK, I guess I didn't read the instruction careful enough. So you're saying there is a key that I should press. I can't find the instruction anymore. Which key is it?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ah, so since I sent the last message I updated the mod and simplified it, all you need to do with the new version is type your text, optionally modify the blueprint options, and then click the blueprint button and it should generate the speech as a blueprint and place it in your cursor (activate the constant combinator to start the speech, but feel free to modify and link it to whatever circuit stuff you like).

I had the simplifying update lined up for a while but didn't have the time (or motivation) to finish it, but your message gave me a gentle kick up the butt lol

I hope this solves the issue

6 years ago

I appreciate the changes. However, I still don't know how to bring that menu, which allows you to enter text which will be converted to blueprint.

6 years ago

Oh jeez, I found it. I've looked at the corner of the screen by pure accident and what do you know, the button is there. I guess that's mostly my fault but it is probably a good idea to mention it in instruction anyway. Just in case if there will be another blockhead like me.

New response