Taconite

by GotLag

Smelt steel from pellets of ore, coal and flux instead of from iron plates.

Tweaks
3 years ago

g Bob's Compatability

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey, I think this is a great mod, I have found that it isn't compatible with Bob's mods, atleast, not as it is.
When I installed it, I see and can use the recipe for the taconite in the assembler.
However, it is unable to be smelted.

3 years ago

it seems this mod changes the steel recipe in the data phase.
Bobplates changes steel in data-updates (a later phase)
Turn off the cheaper steel and new steel recipe options, in bobplates (main menu -> settings -> mod settings -> startup tab, find bobplates in the list) and see if it helps

3 years ago

HAHA thanks Bobingabout!
That did indeed work.
If possible GotLag, you should add a note about that, as this is a good idea mod that could add to the gameplay. :)

3 years ago

tried this mod with both Angel's and Bob's, switched off both cheaper steel and new steel, yet i still cant seem to smelt it. i think it may be something with Angel's Smelting but im not sure? that's my gut feeling, anyhow.

3 years ago

tried this mod with both Angel's and Bob's, switched off both cheaper steel and new steel, yet i still cant seem to smelt it. i think it may be something with Angel's Smelting but im not sure? that's my gut feeling, anyhow.

Probably something in Angel's mods. I mean, I'm not speaking from experience, but I'm fairly sure he does change steel too, so that could cause the same issue as mine does. (Except Angels is unlikely to have settings to turn it off)

3 years ago

Probably something in Angel's mods. I mean, I'm not speaking from experience, but I'm fairly sure he does change steel too, so that could cause the same issue as mine does. (Except Angels is unlikely to have settings to turn it off)

yeah, i checked, no options to turn it off. a shame...

New response