Surfaces_remake

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra.

6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16

g Don't want to use Bob's Electronics? read here!

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

So first off, I hate bob's mods. All the crafting UI categories that the mods add let alone rearranging the ingredients of vanilla items drives me nuts. also "wood" as basic component for electric circuits? what is this the Flintstones?

With that in mind, here is how you can use this mod without Bob's mods;

step 1: extract the surfaces mode and put the surface_remake_0.2.0 folder in your mod folder. delete/remove the zip file from the mods folder.

step 2: inside the surfaces_remake folder, open the info.JSON file with a text editor (notepad, or notepad++)

step 3: change "bobelectronics >= 0.15.0" into "? bobelectronics" then save and close the file

step 4: open up Factorio and enjoy using the mod without Bob's electronics.

@Erdbeerbaer: Sorry if this seems like stepping over your head but obligating people to use mods from someone else in order to use one of yours is not cool. Especially if there is no other interconnecting need except for the info.json saying so.

and while i'm at it, bobs electronics doesn't work without Bob's Functions Library mod. so that's essentially 2 mods you are obligating people to download.

6 years ago

if i change it it will chrash whyever... i used the file from the original mod which was discontinued: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Simcra/Surfaces

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

@Erdbeerbaer it doesn't crash for me and i have a mod list longer than most highways.

it runs FINE without bob's electronics. stone now even generates underground with alien biomes active.

thank you tommy for showing how to fix this. i'm glad someone did something for a change.

6 years ago

just don't forget to re-zip the folder once you edit it

6 years ago

@Erdbeerbaer: Same thing here for me. It works fine without bob's electronics.
and having looked at the files, the only thing that makes Bob Electronics a requirement is because it was stated in the Info.JSON. none of the other files even use anything from Bob's Electronics.

You are basically telling Factorio that it is missing a vital component to make the mod work while everything needed is already there.

New response