Surfaces_remake

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra.

6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16

i Change Power Transfer recipe

7 years ago

I just put about 15 hrs into a 2 games using this mod. I like the added dimension to the game play but it needs happen earlier.

The original didn't require Accumulators for Energy Transfer but this version you need for batteries for accumulators limiting usage till mid game. And the transfer performance means 1 accumulator per 4-5 steam engines.

Since a latter is enough to go up and down a level shouldn't just running electrical cables work? 2 Big Electric Poles instead?

And for fluid transfer it shouldn't take more than a pipe and maybe a pump to transfer fluid up or down.

Also, not sure it's a bug but all the underground levels have identical resource patches.

Thanks.

7 years ago

"The original didn't require Accumulators for Energy Transfer but this version you need for batteries for accumulators limiting usage till mid game. And the transfer performance means 1 accumulator per 4-5 steam engines" - Part-human

Yeah, this was a necessary fix for an issue caused by one of the API updates that was pushed somewhere between 0.12 and 0.13. I was really annoyed about it at the time. As there is no longer a way to connect two power poles between surfaces, two accumulators must be balanced using performance degrading on-tick update events. This is very similar to the fluid transfer concept, it is impossible to connect two pipes together between surfaces.

Kind Regards,
Simcra.

New response