Starting Locations

Automatically creates random uniform spawns outward from the original starting location (per player).

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g concept for multi team

3 years ago

I like this concept but would it be possible to make each random spawn point start with the same amount of resources, and also give the same space between aliens, in case people are choosing to play with a lot of enemies, it wouldn't be fair for people to have a million aliens around them compare to the guy who spawns in the original center after they start to pollute

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

ATM the processes is as such:
generate - Generates land mass all tiles are loaded. (3000 from all others. but closest to spawn as it can find in least amt of tries)
check - Checks the chunks to see if they are loaded yet.
clear - Clears out biters in the loaded chunks. <--------------- give the same space between aliens
ore - Spawns ORE via remote call on RSO.
chart - Charts the area so the player can see the area.
teleport - Teleports the player to a random location that collides with land.

edit* Also no one gets the original starting area.

This is as close to fair as I can get the mod (RSO does a really good job at making it fair / spawning a starting area). Yes if you have 40 people joining it can put you very far away and you might have a lot of biters to deal with, but modifying the biter generation is not part of this mod. Feel free to improve on the mod or make an add-on that uses this mod if you can find a way of making it better. Please link me if you do. Thanks!

New response