Space Chests

Another view on bots vs belts discussion. Certain logistic chests (Requester, Active Provider and Buffer) now cost... space science packs to craft. Exact amount required is defined in startup Mod Options, default = 100 (10 chests per rocket).

Tweaks
6 years ago

g cross-tested

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

cross tested against Darkstar utilities, warehousing mod, and bob's logistics (all three mods add varieties of logistic chests.

so far during my testing, both darkstar utilities and warehousing mod are based upon the vanilla logistic chests (require those in their recipes) so they don't need any further work. Bob's logistics adds Mk2 and Mk3 versions of logistic chests that you'll probably want to create a special case for. as they can be crafted without first crafting the tier 1 chest, thus no space science is required for them.

(tested against version 16.2)

6 years ago

other than that, great work!!

6 years ago

usafphoenix,

I'll look into Bob's, thanks!

6 years ago

usafphoenix,

All recipes I checked in Bobs require lower version of chest/bot to craft its advanced version. Could please be more specific, how you could craft Mk2 without vanilla version? Thanks!

6 years ago

Okay. give me a bit of time. another mod must be editing Bob's logistics's higher tier chests. i'll get back to you on this.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

GustofTime,
The recipe in my game was being updated to use chests added when bob's plates is installed alongside bob's logistics. the exact file for confirmation or coding help is

boblogistics/prototypes/recipe/logistic-container-recipe-updates.lua
(and for coding reference, it's called from data-updates.lua)

Within the logistic-container-recipe-updates.lua, the function replaces the vanilla chest with a variety of bob's plates-based chest if it can find one, so:

In order to compensate for this, bob's logistics needs to be added as an optional dependency to force your mod to load after it. Then you can either use data-updates.lua or data-final-fixes.lua to ADD space science to the recipe for the higher tier chests, or revert the changes back to the vanilla chest. Or add a different quantity of space science packs required for those higher tiers. whichever.

6 years ago

Fixed it, thanks!

New response