Single-Splitter-Z deprecated

by Zarnoo

Balances load on a single Belt

6 years ago

g Feedback / Suggestions

7 years ago

I really like this item as an 1x1 (though it requires 3x1 space to work properly). Normally need 4x3 for something simular with 2 splitters. Very good for evenly distribute items on both lanes of the belt maximizing capacity.

But I tend to not use it anyway, because of two things: First, the vanishing of items on the input (you can see it on the picture above) the items vanish 1/2 tile away, also on the output where the items reappear, which also explains the need to have straight belts before and after the splitter. I guess it was made that way to avoid having to make 3 version for each belt tier. But it looks somewhat strange to me this way.

It would be fantastic if this splitter would behave like a normal splitter or underground belt where items are only processed on the same tile and you are free to place other things before or after the splitter, e.g. curved belts, underground belt or other splitters.

An options dialog where you can choose to put everything to the left, everything to right and/or block left lane and/or right lane ... maybe even on circuit network conditions would be an great addition. Also exchange of left and right lane would be cool.

Everything together would made this currently nice handy mod to a great must-have mod which should even be put into vanilla game because of it's great versatily.

New response