Simple Satellite GUI

A simplified GUI to track satellites launched.

Utilities
3 years ago

i Track other launched items?`

3 years ago

Hey there!

I've been trying a few of the Rocket GUI mods since they removed the vanilla one. I love the minimal nature of this one and the small footprint.

Any chance you can enable at least an option to track other items launched? Perhaps something really simple like toggling display of "just satellites" and "all items" by clicking the GUI?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

3 years ago

Hey hey,

Thanks for the feedback. I've been thinking about adding the option to track more items but I feel it would diminish the effect of the minimalistic UI. Once I start adding the possibility to track multiple items you would quickly start seeing the same implementation of the "Rocket silo stats" mod that was made to replace the old UI as implemented by Wube, especially if I have to add labels to clarify what items have been launched.

Is there a specific set of items you wish to have tracked in the same way? If there are more requests to add tracking for more item I'll have a crack at trying to expand the functionality while keeping the minimalistic nature.

3 years ago

I wasn't sure how much you'd have to configure explicitly. I have a save where I've launched a bunch of MIRV and fish... Nothing important, I just figured if clicking the UI would toggle "just rockets" or "all" then it would completely satisfy this request.

And I agree, the simply UI is why I like this one and want to keep using it.... Just figured it would be nice to click it from time to time to check the "other" launched items as well.

Thanks!

3 years ago

Since the mod is now configured to specifically track Satellites it will take a bit to enable tracking of everything and show the correct icon along with it. I'll definitely keep the request in mind but not implement it for now.

I'll keep this thread open so people can request the same feature here. If there is demand I will definitely add it :)

New response