Simple Saplings

A simple mod to easily replant forests and create basic wood farms.

2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Option to remove sapling drop

5 years ago

Is it possible to have an option to disable the sapling drop? That way you have to craft saplings if you want any. Alternatively is to put in a chance factor for a sapling drop so that it only drops 1%-300% of the time. This way you can still get some saplings, but not from every tree chopped down. (The 300% is simply to allow the mod to continue dropping 3 saplings for every tree chopped down.)

Currently, when I clear out a forest for expansion, I fill warehouses with the saplings just to get it out of my inventory, and with 2 - 3 saplings dropping for every tree I chop down, it becomes just too much.

Just an idea, but also a request.

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Think the better option is to reduce the drop count to 1. If I need more saplings, I can do the research and craft extra sapling seeds from the wood. I do agree that currently, the sapling seeds pile up quickly with the current random 1-2 drop rate.

Until the change is made by the author, you can reduce or increase the sapling count by editing data-updates.lua and changing the section specifically for saplings from the current max of 2 to 1. This will force the mod to only give 1 sapling per tree chopped down. Any extra saplings that may be needed will have to be crafted now.

Hope that helps.

Dilan

New response