Factchild - Simple Recipes for children

Mod specially made for children to send many rockets into space.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

i Feedback after kids playthrough

6 years ago

My kids really loved this mod. Generally the feeling of being able to do things much more quickly and easily was great. We found there were a few things that felt unbalanced though:
1. Need disproportionate amount of coal and plastic production. Doubling the plastic output per craft would help. We ended up needing about 10 times as much coal mining as iron mining.
2. Advanced circuits and particularly processing units craft really slow compared to everything else. One green circuit machine can support 24 red, which still isn't enough to produce blue at a decent rate.
3. Please reinstate some inserter stack size research, or at least increase the stack sizes with some other research (maybe logistics 3).
4. The instant hand crafting is nice, but the ability to craft red and green by had far faster than you can automate it feels off. My suggestion would be to not increase the hand crafting speed but use on_pre_player_crafted_item and instantly give the player the result if it isn't a science pack.
5. Power production is way too easy. 2 engines can power a large factory.

6 years ago

Great Antichaos!!!! Thank you very much for this feedback.. I'm learning while I'm doing the mod and I see that there are things I can do to improve in terms of programming, and I will be updating with time. We're doing a "simple-english" vocabullary too, i'm not native english speaker so i need a lot of help with this! :)

Let's see, for the 0.0.5 we already put your great ideas!

• Double+ plastic-bar output (now generates 5 instead 2)
  • Advanced-circuit and Processing-unit now demands 1/3 of time
  • Restored the inserters stack bonus technology
  • Energy not so easy (Furnaces consuming more)(steam-engine/solar effectivity 3 times the normal game) --> Let we see if its enough
  • The handcrafting i will study for do this script. You know how to do it? :) I'm learning so i modify the speed for slow hand craft for now.

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I believe your ideas will greatly improve the mod! :) And please keep on suggesting...

New response