Robot Charging Station 1x1

by Peppe

Mod adds three small Roboports that can recharge 4 robots, but have no docking/inventory slots. They have 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 the range of a normal roboport. Adds Roboport with the signal off (allows charging/docking/but no range increase). Mining the no signal roboport returns a normal roboport.

3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Make the Small and Medium Tower's Construction Radii 0.5 Tiles Larger

4 years ago

Greetings!

Thank you very much for the mod, it has made playing Factorio a lot more enjoyable. If you have a tip jar please direct me in the right path!

I've noticed in the below screenshot (link) that the construction area for the large tower extends 0.5 tiles farther than the reported 25 construction tiles. This is good for the large towers as this allows construction bots to automatically install the neighboring tower. However, the medium and small towers do not have this small extension, so the player must manually install the next tower if they are built at the maximum logistic length. Extending the construction radius by 0.5 of the medium and small towers would solve this problem.
https://i.imgur.com/ceysa4R.jpg

I'm not a developer/programmer but I'm assuming the issue is in prototypes\entity\RoboCharge.lua. The large tower's construction_radius property is set to 25 but the medium and small tower's are set to 12.5 and 6.5 respectively. I can't give a good reason as to where the extra 0.5 tiles are coming from in the case of the large tower. Maybe there's some combination of round(), ceiling() or floor() functions being used when the calculation of the ranges are done in runtime.

For the moment I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature. If it's a bug and you want to make a beta patch, I'm happy to help with testing. If it's a feature, could you please explain why this discrepancy exists between the tower sizes?

Thanks!
James
UTC-6

4 years ago

Added a .5 to the medium and small tower construction radius. Let me know if that resolves the construction issue.

4 years ago

I have tested it as working. The migration went through without errors and I have tested the functionality as working with both medium & small stations. Thank you very much for the quick patch. I am serious about the tip jar by the way. If you don't have one and would like to mention a charity, I will donate to it on your behalf.

4 years ago

Thanks for confirming.

I live comfortably right now, so feel free to give to Wings of Rescue, Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation, Susie’s Senior Dogs, or any animal focused charity/local shelter near you.

New response