Ribbon Maze

by H8UL

The maze itself is destined to be automated.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Post 3 Minute Stutter

4 years ago

My game starts lagging on ribbon maze after about 3 minutes have passed. I have run multiple loads with and without mods and see no change. The stuttering happens every 2 seconds while walking. I dont know how to fix this, anyone else run into the same problem?

4 years ago

The issue was found to be "Enemy Expansion" under the advanced settings tab inside game creator. It appears setting them to the lowest raid times, high group size, and maximum distance will start the lag after the raid minimum times passes. Pretty sure its just when a expansion is initiated. This was all done without discovering more chunks. I will do more research.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The issue was found to be enemy expansion "distance". The lag would happen regardless if the setting was enabled or not, as long as it was enough for the biters to attempt to cross a chasm. The stuttering will become more intense as the setting is higher, 20 being severe, and 10 being barley noticeable. Since this is more of a Factorio Base issue, this thread can be closed I guess. Although, I would suggest Enemy expansion distance for players to be set to an absolute minimum, to avoid late game stuttering.

4 years ago

No worries!

The maze is a brutal problem for the AI pathing to solve. I am looking into enemy handling, to see if the challenge can perhaps be improved, but I suspect that other enemy mods will always find the maze a hard problem.

New response