Ribbon Maze

by H8UL

The maze itself is destined to be automated.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Combo with some mods : Tin Ore doesn't appear in mixed ore

4 years ago

I'm playing this mod with Bobs, but Tin ore never spawns on the mixed ore patches near the start, despite of their importance for early electronics.

Would you please investigate this, or maybe add an option to control ore types available in mixed patches?

4 years ago

Tin is in there as a mixed ore and Ribbon Maze tries to force one of each ore in a patch. Problem is Bob's has a lot of ores, without Angels.

Try setting the "Mixed ore patchwork size" to minimum 1 maximum 1, that will force mixed ores to be individual tiles. This will improve the reliability of getting each ore, at the expense of needing more sorting.

If that still doesn't work we have a problem.

4 years ago

I can find Tin Ore patches in single big one at dead ends(with Dead End Mod Ores option on), but they never seem to spawn in the mixed one(I see Copper, Iron, Coal, Stone, Bob's Lead, Bob's Quartz).

Tried few maps generation with the said setting, and Tin is still excluded from the mixed patch.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

So the hard-coded support seems to have tin instead of tin-ore. Probably it's never worked, but so many players combine with Angel's Refining which disables these ores.

I haven't yet taken advantage of the improvements in 0.17 to detect starting area ores so will fix the hard-coded Bob's support as a priority.

4 years ago

Fixed in 0.7.6

4 years ago

Great! Thank you!

4 years ago

Have fun :D

New response