Ribbon Maze

by H8UL

The maze itself is destined to be automated.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Restoring vanilla map

5 years ago

I installed your mod and I loaded my normal map not thinking it would alter anything, but it has put the maze everywhere and i cant get rid of it, I tried uninstalling mod and still nothing. all my autosaves have it also. Please help me remove it. I have over 200 hours in the save :(

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Just wondering, why did you think it wouldn't alter the game heavily? It's a "big mod" and looks like a maze?

It will change new chunks on maze generation, removing resources, water, etc. But existing chunks will be fine unless regenerated for some reason.

Without modding/console commands the best you can do is landfill the green water that remains after the mod is uninstalled.

I highly recommend taking an offline backup of any save you value. Especially if you are running 0.17 because it is experimental. I do so almost daily.

5 years ago

It just surpassed my mind, and i thought it would only affect a new map, Oh well. Looks like my map is fkd. what a waste, Black area on map is unpassable

5 years ago

If you know how to use the command line, you can delete any chunks that you wish to regenerate. Make sure you keep a copy of the save in case you delete the wrong chunks.

Documented here:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Delete_chunks

You will need to adapt it to delete only the chunks you want regenerating

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for your help, This looks a bit far out of my reach. Would you consider editing it for me :P,hmmm you would need all the mods etc. damnnnn this sucks

5 years ago

Or at least a demo on how to use it might work better for you ?

5 years ago

Hey thanks for the tip, I managed to download a mod that deleted the chunks for me. And it is all fixed with a bit of landfill. Cheers mate.

5 years ago

Great!

What's the name of the mod? In case other players want to do the same in future...

5 years ago

Nice, really glad you recovered your game

New response