Ribbon Maze

by H8UL

The maze itself is destined to be automated.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Maze terraforming artillery (0.17)

5 years ago

Has anyone managed to get the Artillery working recently? I have built 2 turrets and loaded them with the terraforming shells, they refuse to auto-fire no matter where I build them. When using the targeting remote, the number next to the remote stays at 0 wherever I move the target.

5 years ago

Thanks for the report. Working in latest 0.16 stable, broken in latest 0.17 alpha. Debugging now.

5 years ago

I've tried a lot of things. Seems like simple-entity-with-force has changed. Will raise on forums

5 years ago

Thanks for the update

5 years ago

I've found the root cause. The behaviour of making an entity indestructible has changed: turrets will no longer target an indestructible entity.

This has some unfortunate consequences. If the maze is destructible, then players can waste bullets firing at it. So I think I will ask the devs whether they really intended this change.

4 years ago

Hi,

This is finally resolved in 0.7.2. I still have some cosmetic issues with terraforming in 0.17, but I figure to push out the gameplay fix as it is more critical.

4 years ago

Hi,
I got 0.7.2 (in 17.36) yet my artillery is still not firing, its a map i have played since early 0.17 and have placed fresh maze terraforming artillery turrets with ammo. If i am not mistaken it should auto aim and fire whenever it has ammo right?

Thanks,

4 years ago

Argh! Of course, existing maps will still have the maze chasm as indestructible. I only tested on a new map, which was a bit silly of me.

I will have to make another update with a migration of existing maps.

4 years ago

0.7.3 now migrates existing maps with the fix. Yey!

4 years ago

Brilliant! Turrets are are firing away!
Thank you for the quick fix!

4 years ago

Is the targetting remote supposed to work with these, If not can this be added?

4 years ago

Unfortunately, the targeting remote has limited modability. As does artillery targeting in general. If I could at least modify targeting, I'd create my own remote from scratch. But, even that seems impossible in Factorio's mod API.

New response