Ribbon Maze

by H8UL

The maze itself is destined to be automated.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Update to 0.17

5 years ago

I know it's still early for an update for a mod of this size, but how is it going?

I'm holding off on 0.17 till this gets updated at the very least myself :)

5 years ago

Also, I got your mod updated to actually run on 0.17. If that will help I can submit it to your Git

5 years ago

There were 2 inventory tags I had to remove since everything goes to the inventory now, there is no tag for it, and something can't go to the hot bar.

There were some sprite name changes (raw-wood -> wood, stone-wall -> wall) as well as similar item changes, and the size for the coral icon was changed. Finally setting a size for 0 is not supported for stuff. Not sure what to set it to so I chose 128x128 and it works now. Valid ranges are 1 - 4096.

5 years ago

Added a pull request to your github with my changes. You can view the changed files to determine if I messed something up or not.

5 years ago

I'm sorry if this was too forward, but you weren't moving fast enough for my impatient self, so I decided to see how much this differed from Java code, and if it was within my capabilities.

I really like the mod.

5 years ago

I managed to make it work today too because weekend is dangoreusly close and I cant play factorio without this mod :) I fixed all error messages, managed to even Limes Compact Power mod do work as well. Generator of map seems fine(little bit different), but actual shelling black lava with blue shells doesnt work for me. Lets go Hard mode then.

5 years ago

https://github.com/ChthonicOne/factorio-ribbon-maze <-- this was the code I pushed and did a pull request for H8ul. Hopefully soon he'll update it for real, but that's what I'm using for my friends until then.

5 years ago

Does the shelling of lava work for u?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Shelling of lava? Oh, you mean the Maze Canyon. Never tried. I like to play with the restriction than without.

5 years ago

Corrected the Maze Canyon image, as I hadn't actually tried the mod after my changes last time for any real length of time. Just tried to make sure it loaded. It's been pushed to the repo and the canyon looks right again.

We really need to just get a real canyon image to ditch this hack.

5 years ago

Hi guys, sorry I've not been updating yet! I was going try to squeeze in some time on this over my vacation, but I didn't realize my netbook was 32-bit! Ancient or what???

So it'll be mid March before I can formally update... I'm very grateful for your PRs, and patience! :)

5 years ago

Here is an idea that I know works as LordKTor used it to update his mods, as he also was away and only had a 32bit laptop.

Its possible to use "Amazon Workspaces" to get a 64bit Windows OS and run Factorio using the ZIP installation file.

5 years ago

That's a good idea!

Thankfully I'm back now, so normal service can resume :)

5 years ago

I have accepted Chthon's pull request, and made further necessary changes for a formal release (thumbnail, changelog, version number).

So 0.7.0 is here at last :-D

New response