Resource Tagger

This is a convenience mod that enables you to easily tag an item icon on the map.

Utilities
4 years ago

g Already in game.

4 years ago

To create a tag without this mod right click in map view at the position you want the tag to appear and select an icon and text.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes I'm aware. There are some big limitations with the current system in the game though:
1. The icons are huge, and are unwieldy.
2. You can't add icons closely together.

When you have a production street with chests close together, the default functionality is not good enough. Hence this mod.

4 years ago

Makes sense. I always cringed about not to be able to place icons tightly together. I'll try your mod.

4 years ago

And.... I like the keyboard shortcut approach to this. I'm much more likely to do this.

I'd also probably be happy with the built-in debug icons, I forget the name of the option, but they certainly don't scale well and I end up having to turn them off.

I'll probably be giving this a go. Does this only work for chests? "1. Open chest with items you want tagged on the map" or does this support things from other mods (warehouses) or even things in vanilla used as chests like cargo wagon, etc? Hoping this is more or less just "something with open inventory when the shortcut is pressed"

Thanks for this mod!

4 years ago

I wrote it to be only for chests. Currently there is a limitation in the code that it only works when this returns a result: chest.get_inventory(defines.inventory.chest). This limitation is there to check if it's an actual chest item, because otherwise the mod will crash later when it tries to read the content list.

It's worth trying out, it might just work. If it gives you problems, let me know your use case and I'll consider trying to fix it.

3 years ago

So you can open chests while zoomed out?

New response