Resource Labels Updated

by sproott

Adds icons to resources on the map, optionally with a label and the resource count.

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Feature request maximum resource count

3 years ago

Would there be a way to add a maximum resource count? I like to clean up small patches first.
Would there also be a way to add checkboxes for what kind of resources i'm interested in?

Best regards,

Aya

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello, thanks for the suggestions.

This is not my mod, I just updated it for newer versions, so I'm not planning to add any more features.
If you or anyone else is willing to implement these features, they can open a PR on the GitHub repo I just created.

Best regards,
sproott.

3 years ago

I've never used LUA before but I modified the mod files and added support for the maximum ore size patches.
Next I've added support to hide certain vanilla ore types.
It's probably monkey-code but it works for me.
Next I looked up how to submit a pull request on github.
I ended up with this: https://github.com/sproott/ResourceLabelsUpdated/compare/master...AyaVK:new_branch?expand=1
But it tries to include the stdlib directory files and I don't know how to remove that.
I'm all new to this so sorry to bother you with this.

Best regards,

Aya

3 years ago

Oh, great :D
I will look through it when I got time. Probably will just copy the modifications in manually and make an update.
Thanks for contributing! At least you learned some new stuff :p

3 years ago

For the next time, you could've made a branch on my repo, and then made a PR for that, instead of making your own repo. Or was that not possible? I'm not really familiar with how GitHub contribution works.

3 years ago

And I'm sorry for the stdlib, I actually messed up pushing to the repo, because I just uploaded the files, which didn't include all of them. Should be fixed next update.

3 years ago

Alright, it's up, also mentioned you as a contributor.

Best regards,
sproott

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

3 years ago

I'm not sure about adding a branch on your repo. I was just following a "how-to". I will try that next time.
I would like to add a message how many patches it found for each ore type. Maybe I can do that. I would also like to define a top left chunk and bottom right chunk from where to where to scan but I have no idea how to accomplish that. I will be in hospital for the next week or maybe two. Will look into it when I'm back.

3 years ago

Alright, that's nice. Good luck with the hospital, whatever it is.
Best regards,
sproott.

3 years ago

Btw, there's a map ping feature (Ctrl+Alt+click), you might be able to make a custom one with a custom key binding and track that.
Frankly, I'm not sure if the feature is practical. When you start adding personal stuff, it might start to be outside the scope of this mod and start actually being impractical. The ore count message idea seems nice, of course disabled by default and enabled through settings.

3 years ago

The version I have now via auto-update is missing these "maximum-ore-count" lines so maximum ore count does not work.
By adding these marked lines it works again:
http://www.ayaya.be/RLU1.jpg
http://www.ayaya.be/RLU2.jpg

3 years ago

Huh that's weird, gonna look into the source.

3 years ago

I looked, it's there. You need update 0.18.5

New response