Repair Turrets that explode cliffs and do not spill onto belts

by Quezler

Adds Repair Turrets that explode cliffs and do not spill onto belts.

5 months ago

i add changelog to track changes

5 months ago

Please add the changelog to track mod changes

5 months ago

I mean the current implementation does not show it in the game

5 months ago

yea that's the problem, this mod mirrors an existing mod and it's just a huge mess to keep the changelog in sync as well as referring to version numbers of the original mod whilst also incrementing them on my end so I can push changes independently of him, i might revisit how this mod mirrors/functions in the future but for now im afraid it'll stay like this.

also the recent update fixed a bug that shouldn't even have been possible to begin with when you look at the code, didn't effectively change a thing.

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

I mean just the format. You broke something, so it just doesn't show up in the game.

Try to figure it out, maybe fix its format.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Mod_changelog_format

If the issue is about how to track versions with a higher mod: try just multiplying the sub-version (x.x.YYY) by 100 or 1000 - for changes to the origin mod.

Example:
Origin mod fix: 1.0.0
Your mod pulls changes: 1.0.0
Fix into your mod: 1.0.1 ... 1.0.999

Origin mod fix: 1.1.0
Your mod pulls changes: 1.1.0
Fix into your mod: 1.1.1 ... 1.1.999

Origin mod fix: 1.1.1 β€” (a.b.c)
Your mod pulls changes: 1.1.1000 β€” (a.b.[c x1000])
Fix into your mod: 1.1.1001 ... 1.1.1999 β€” (a.b.[c x1000 + your-sub-version]) β€” your-sub-version:= 0... 999

5 months ago

multiplying the number would technically not make it on order, what factorio needs is #.#.#-<dev version number>

also, if the changelog format here is incorrect, so would it have been in the repair turret mod.

5 months ago

FYI The sub-version should be in the range [0...65535]. In most cases, you are more likely to shift the minor version than to exceed this limit

5 months ago

yes, the versions won't be the same, but they will be sequential.

5 months ago

also, if the changelog format here is incorrect, so would it have been in the repair turret mod.

oh, lets tell the original mod maintainer too =)

5 months ago

a while back i just so happened to have indexed all invalid changelogs on the mod portal, i just didn't think to check my own mods:

"Repair_Turret": "invalid changelog file, error on line 159, duplicate Date: line or duplicate Version: line\n",

"Repair_Turrets": "invalid changelog file, error on line 196, duplicate Date: line or duplicate Version: line\n",

New response