Reduced Research

by Kynaro

This mod greatly decreases research requirements for lab technologies.

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Count reeduciton bug increases some requirements

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

So I installed Reduced Research for the first time. Never used it before. Default install settings are Count Reduction 5 and Time Reduction 5. With these default settings it actually increased some Count Reductions.

For example:

1) With no Reduced Research mod installed the Follower Robot Count level 101 tech default requirement is10k science pack. With the mod installed the science pack count increased to 323k. That is a huge increase.

2) With no Reduced Research mod installed the Mining Production level 27 tech default requirement is 60k science packs. With the mod installed the science pack count increased to 86K.

All other techs appeared to be reduced properly.

Next. When I changed the Startup Count Reduction setting to 10 all techs appeared to reduce properly. I then changed the Count Reduction back to 5 and the errors occurred again.

Note: The mods description states the default Count Reduction is 10 but it is actually 5 with the default installation.

2 years ago

Update: This mod does not play well with some other mods that add technologies. Such as Quality of Life Research. With a setting of Science Pack Count = 10 it increases science pack cost 800% of QoLR.

Considering the Reduced Research mod doesn't work properly even with some vanilla technologies I would assume it is safe to say that Reduce Research is not working as intended.

New response