Realistic Reactor Glow

by ouk_ouk

The glow of working nuclear reactor has the proper color now!

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Tune the color more? Cyan is also wrong.

4 years ago

I know I'm nitpicking, but Cherenkov radiation is a deep blue (in fact most of it is UV). Cyan is also wrong.

Would you consider tuning the color more?

4 years ago

I have found a spectrum for you if you like: https://i.imgur.com/DzYk1D7.png

4 years ago

I was looking at pictures on the internet and it looked very cyan. Now I think this is probably only because it is so bright.

I've changed the glow to pure blue color but I still left the windows a little cyan tinted. I think this is quite close to truth. Honestly, I think it looks even better now.

4 years ago

Thanks!

4 years ago

I know i'm a bit late to the party, but would you care to make different versions? I quite liked the "original" glow of your mod (the cyan one) even if not completely accurate.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I know i'm a bit late to the party, but would you care to make different versions? I quite liked the "original" glow of your mod (the cyan one) even if not completely accurate.

Agree, can add a switch in bootsetting?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Agree, can add a switch in bootsetting?

Worst case, we can always replace the graphics ourselves with whatever color we want, but an option would indeed be nice!

4 years ago

I can retrieve the older texture from the Git repository so this shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm going to add the option when I have some time.

4 years ago

Appreciate it!

4 years ago

Merry Christmas!
Look under your Christmas tree. There is a new option for you!

4 years ago

Yayyy! Merry Christmas to you too!

New response