by invisus

More realistic flashlight patterns and some new configuration options

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Mod-Compatibility

2 years ago

Heyho,
how can I make this nice piece of software compatible with mods.
I'm using full AngelBob's and would like it if the crawler or the themed trains would have the updated cones.
Is it possible to make it work globally or do I have to change some lines individually and if so, which?
Thanks for the mod anyway.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

So far, any compatibility has had to be added by hand. I'll try to get around to having a look at this at some point... but no promises when.

Pull requests welcome >:}~

https://github.com/millerlarson/factorio-realisticflashlight

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Heyho I looked a bit, but since I have no clue how to work with the lua's I can only tell you my findings:
It seems that every entity access to this specific cone-file "\Factorio\data\core\graphics\light-cone.png".
I looked into some of the vehicles of angels and apart from some numbers (shift, priority) it looked the same:
type = "oriented",
minimum_darkness = 0.3,
picture =
{
filename = "core/graphics/light-cone.png",
priority = "medium",
scale = 2,
width = 200,
height = 200
},
shift = {-1.25, -15.15},
size = 2,
intensity = 0.6

I think the "basecode" is located in the "\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity\entities.lua", at least if I'm not mistaken which looks like this (for the character):
type = "oriented",
minimum_darkness = 0.3,
picture =
{
filename = "core/graphics/light-cone.png",
priority = "extra-high",
flags = { "light" },
scale = 2,
width = 200,
height = 200
},
shift = {0, -13},
size = 2,
intensity = 0.6,
color = {r=1.0, g=1.0, b=1.0}

Would it be possible to maybe change the base cone file or hook up into the query for this file.

I'm really not a programmer so apart from searching some things I'm unable to change code (at least if it should work properly ^^)
P.S.: I coulnd figure out how to make a pull request in github.

New response