Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Mod Arachnids Compatibility

2 years ago

Hello, im making a mod that aim at changing bitters visual to Starshiptroopers Arachnids, the mod is in alpha but works with base game and visual are work in progress. I would like to make it compatible with Rampant. Unfortunatly im not a coder, im an resourceful artist with good logic and managed to put together this code from looking here and there and calling for help on some discord/forums. I looked at your code and i saw in BiterUtils.lua and UnitUtils.lua the few code line that could make it work. But im not sure how i could use the data.raw function to replace visuals since your functions are local and within rampant files. I never coded in lua and learning on the fly, if you would be so inclined to have the time and energy to show me the right way that would be awesome!

I think i could start with replacing either ( BiterUtils.lua ) " local biterrunanimation = unitUtils.biterrunanimation " or ( UnitUtils.lua ) have a custom option in your code similar as armored mod. Im just not sure how to do that.

" function unitUtils.biterrunanimation(scale, tint1, tint2, altBiter)
if (altBiter == "armored") and mods["ArmouredBiters"] then
return armoredRunBiter(scale, tint1, tint2)
else
return vanillaRunBiter(scale, tint1, tint2)
end
end "

my mod:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Arachnids

thank's for your time ; )

2 years ago

Are you wanting to just have the visual changes and if so do you want to add them to an existing faction?

Are you wanting to make a standalone mod that works with Rampants new enemies?

2 years ago

Yes i would like to make it a visual change only and apply it to any factions ( some extra mask maps might be needed? )

I would like to make it a mod option for it to work with Rampants new enemies. But it might be easier to make it a standalone if my coding skill cant follow, otherwise i would like to try to make it a mod option.

2 years ago

Veden#4059, the easiest way is to find me on discord.

Otherwise I'm happy to do something similar to armored biters, so you can have the standalone offering and I can make Rampant use your graphics when both mods are together.

I'm willing to help you out with the coding portion of your mod as well.

2 years ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Thank you very much! I will add you on discord . Right now im a bit busy with real life work so as soon as i have time to finish the mod i will come back to you ; )

New response