Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Kastorio Compatible config

2 years ago

Hi there,
I try to make a config not to hard and not too easy for krastorio but I dont know what Im doing.

So I made:
enable the swarn = true
enable new enemies = true
enemy Variations = 4
beginning level = 1
ending level = 7
(disable nuclear biter because)

----- in game settings
player score = 20
max biter group = 100
building group = 25
attack group = 20
adaption modifier = 1
faction base distance = 1
temperament = 1
dificulty = 3
migration = true
peaceful = true (cannot be turned false)
raiding = true
siege = true

Im currently @92% evolution with laser, gun turret and railgun turret (from krastorio) and I dont need to upgrade my early-stage defense.
So, if someone has a suggestion, I will be glad

2 years ago

Why cant peaceful be set to false?

Without knowing what you are seeing or experiencing it is hard to make recommendations. Can you provide more information about what you are experiencing and what you are wanting the experience to be?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Why cant peaceful be set to false?

When I deselect peaceful then confirm then go again in the settings, its still selected (I can give you my save)

Without knowing what you are seeing or experiencing it is hard to make recommendations. Can you provide more information about what you are experiencing and what you are wanting the experience to be?

Actually, I see any resistance on biters, most of the endgame weapons clearly one shot all biters and Im @93.5% evolution
For example, my midgame Krastorio weapon deals 2k + 3.6k physical and area of effect 2k+3.6k explosion.
A biters example is : fire biters leviathan T10 Biters => health 3562, acid 15.8/89.1, explosion 13.5/13.59, fire 15.8/73.8, physical 10.23/11.95
This biter will be oneshot by one of the midgame turret, or just the early game gun turret.

And what I want, I tried the other mod Rampant,fixed, it was brutal the purple biters explode into multiple small biters, regenerative biters are unkillable by physical damage with the health cloud, and the worst, nuclear biters take only damage from the laser(this is why I disable it, im a bit afraid of reenabling it). It was a bit too hard....

Anyway, something between actual and the other mod could be cool. Large big wave with small resistance or a smaller group with high resistance, I don't care. what I want is just an evolution of the resistance that enforce me to continuously research turret damage.

2 years ago

ending level = 7 goes to 10.
Make a save just before you increase the settings and set ending level to 10, if it is to much then set it to 9 and work your way down.
If 10 isn't enough then you can use Modifiers in startup settings for Rampant to scale the amount of health the biters, spitters, nests, worms, and hives have.
building group = 25, I would set this to 20
attack group = 20, I would set this to 35 (keep in mind that more unit groups have more UPS impact)

For the mod setting of toggling peaceful, toggle peaceful off then exit all the way out of the settings back into the game then go back into the settings and check if it took.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

ok, peaceful is disabled now.
working better with ending level = 10

But I'm still not sure what does other configs.
The description of enemy variations and adaption modifier or difficulty is not clear to me.
What does it do exactly, what happens if I set it to min or max.

2 years ago

Enemy variations - is the number of entities per enemy level, each with slighty different stats
Adaption Modifier - Multiplies how many deaths need to happen to trigger a faction mutation. common, fire, acid, fast, nuclear are some of the types of factions
Difficulty - how quickly the AI gets points to spend on upgrades, attacks, and bases

1 year, 11 months ago

Now, I have a new issue, not sure where it comes from.
The nuclear artillery shell from Krastorio causes massive lag due to a large number of enemies slacking on hives and area of effect of the artillery shell force game to compute damage on every biter.
I go down to 1 FPS so I downgrade the ending level of biters to 5 to be sure the artillery shell oneshot biters.

1 year, 11 months ago
1 year, 11 months ago

I would need a save to help

New response