Queue To Front

by invisus

Adds keyboard shortcut (ALT+Q) to toggle the crafting queue mode between adding new items to the front or the back(default) of the queue

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Search box is reset while queue to front is active

3 years ago

Hi, I'm not sure if this is truly a bug with the mod itself but when trying to build something, the search box is reset when clicking on the stuff I wanna craft.
Here are the steps to reproduce the problem :
1. Toggle the crafting queue mod to the front by using "alt+Q";
2. Open the inventory/crafting menu by using "e";
3. Focus the search box by using "ctrl+F";
4. Search something like "belt" for example;
5. Click on the item you wanna craft, like the belt for example.

When I do the last step, the search box is cleared and become unfocused (only the search box closes; the crafting/inventory menu is still open).

Is it possible to fix this so that the search box isn't cleared when the queue mode is set to the front?

3 years ago

I just tracked down the same thing - it is pretty annoying especially with a lot of content mods :|

3 years ago

Ah, it is because the mod changes the inventory slots to prevent dumping while adjusting the crafting queue and that causes the GUI to reset which is 'Not A Bug' : https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=502721#p502721

Possibly a full inspection could be done to determine whether expansion is necessary but that feels like a bugfarm.

You can work around by disabling front-insertion temporarily with Alt-Q. InsertToFront is so useful I'll just do that.

3 years ago

Wow, good find. If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know.

New response