Queue To Front

by invisus

Adds keyboard shortcut (ALT+Q) to toggle the crafting queue mode between adding new items to the front or the back(default) of the queue

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Crash with Factorio 0.18.22

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The changes announced for 0.18.22 have hit your mod:

Error while loading custom-input prototype "queue-to-front" (custom-input): Unknown consuming type: script-only

Just changing line 8 of data.lua to game-only

consuming = "none"

should fix this.

4 years ago

Thank you for this!

Updated and released!

4 years ago

Thanks! :-)

By the way, would you mind localizing your mod? Admittedly, there isn't much text, but if you open the menu (Settings --> Controls --> Mods), there is an "Unknown key" notification for the string "controls.queue-to-front".

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Forgive me, I'm not adept with modding.

I've got the localization fixed for the keyboard control:
locale/en/config.cfg:

[controls]
queue-to-front=Toggle queuing order

However I'm trying to do the same for messages logged when the keys are pressed and it's just printing the string "qtf-message.queue-to-front" rather than pulling what I have in the locale file.

control.lua:

plr.print('qtf-message.queue-to-front')

locale/en/config.cfg:

[qtf-message]
queue-to-front=Queueing mode set to FRONT

Can you point me in the right direction?

4 years ago

Sure: You don't need a string, but a table value! Localizing a string means to make it available for all languages the game knows -- the game will then automatically pick the correct translation (i.e. the localized string you've put in locale/LANGUAGE/file.cfg for that key) from the table. So, you don't need
plr.print('qtf-message.queue-to-front')
but
plr.print({'qtf-message.queue-to-front'})

If you haven't done so already, you should look at the localization tutorial. You should pay special attention to "Concatenating localized strings" -- I had some troubles with that when I started to localize strings, but if you remember that they are tables, it should make sense. :-)

4 years ago

And that was it, thank you yet again!

4 years ago

You're welcome! Great that it works now. :-)

New response