Pollution Solutions Fix

This makes Factorio more fun by turning pollution and combat into an interconnected system you actively engage with, instead of just tossing down laser turrets and forgetting about both. This minimalist mod stays close to the vanilla experience, adding only what's necessary to accomplish these goals.

3 years ago

g Gratitude and an Idea

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thank you for reviving this! I was using this mod by taking the original mod and changing the version number in the files, just because it's so fun. It's good to see that someone with more experience than I was able to get this wonderful mod up and running again!

A suggestion; would it be possible to make a recipe for toxic canisters for the handheld and vehicle mounted flamethrowers? From what I understand it should be fairly simple, just a child function of the standard toxic turret effect. Also, a recipe for artillery shells that spread that effect like the incendiary shells from other mods would be amazing, though I don't know what that would entail. This would fill a gap in the combat this mod adds that I've been helpless to address for a long time now. Please reply to this thread and let me know, I am quite curious.

Thanks again!

3 years ago

Greetings! It may be easy, but I’m still not a programmer in truth. I like this mod too, that's why I re-uploaded it for the new version so that everyone else can use it. Just at all.

3 years ago

Bummer. Oh well, thanks for the quick response! Maybe I can teach myself a bit and figure it out, or find someone else who could. Either way, thanks for your time!

2 years ago

It should be as easy as cloning an existing prototype ammunition (like flamethrower fuel) and changing the requisite information to reflect "Toxic Fuel" or something similar.

Just be sure that it populates into the proper weapons and utilizes the proper input items to create it.

2 years ago

Oh thank you!

New response